Reed College, Bachelor of Arts, Cultural Anthropology | Class of 2016
National YoungArts Foundation/Miami, FL | 2016 - 2017
In Process Artist-in-Residence
- Created an interdisciplinary installation of poetry, sculpture, and painting focused on (and hosted at) Miami’s historic Bacardi Building in collaboration with visual artist Nicole Mouriño (October 2016)
- Contributed lyrics to an original song “Heavy Rain” written in residence with composer/pianist Conrad Tao and artist/organizer Lee Heinemann. (May 2017). “Heavy Rain” went on to be performed at the New York Philharmonic in September 2018.
Atlantic Center for the Arts / New Smyrna Beach, FL | Summer 2018
- Selected to collaborate with 8 multidisciplinary artists-in-residence under the guidance of educator and experimental sound poet Tracie Morris for 3-weeks.
Works & Process / New York, NY | October 2018
Moderator, “More Forever” Preview Discussion
- Moderated discussion between composer/pianist Conrad Tao and contemporary tap dancer Caleb Teicher during a preview of their original commissioned work for the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum’s Works & Process Series.
[IN] VISIBILITY/ Miami, FL | September 2018
- Participated in the conception and execution of a movement-based exploration of gender and queerness through a three-week residency.
- Created four original poetic works for performance.
Tin House Winter Workshop / Newport, OR | February 2019
- Workshopped in-progress manuscript of a chapbook tentatively titled “Consideration,” under the guidance of Hanif Abdurraqib.
Publications and Awards
– Fiction, nonfiction, poetry and criticism published in the official catalogue of Get Your Life! At the Baltimore Museum of Art, The Miami Rail, the Miami Herald, Hunger Mountain, Reed College Creative Review, Createquity, Albion Review, On Verge: An Online Journal of Alternative Criticism and the Humanities Journal of the American University of Paris.